Tory Lanez’s Dad Says He & Son Have ‘Forgiven’ Megan Thee Stallion [VIDEO]
Tory Lanez has decided to let bygones be bygones.
On Thursday (Jan. 12) Sonstar Peterson, father of Canadian rapper Tory Lanez, uploaded a video on his Instagram account addressing his son’s criminal trial. As you know, Tory was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion, 27, in her feet after an argument in July 2020. Amid the 40-minute livestream sermon, Sonstar Peterson said Tory Lanez, born Daystar Shemuel Shua Peterson, himself and other family members have decided to forgive Megan Thee Stallion, real name Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, for her accusations in which Tory is now facing up to 22 years and eight months in prison.
Sonstar Peterson said:
“We know that the principle of forgiveness is important.”
“Hatred, trust me, resentment, bitterness, those things can actually cause diseases of the bones, it has been proven. It can cause sickness in your body because you’re holding on to something that is negative against the real life forces in your life.”
Persuading others to forgive, he added:
“So whatever you do in life, no matter how hard it is, forgive! Because forgiveness is not for the other person it’s for you.”
“So that’s what we decided. Some will actually no doubt question ‘is he actually saying that Tory forgave Megan for all of what’s going on?’ Yes we have forgiven her.”
“But what we will not back down from is the machine that has been in the background trying to press a narrative.”
Not Tory lanez dad saying they forgave Megan what in the entire fck these ppl are really broke in the mind and play around with use of gods name and i don’t like it pic.twitter.com/DjLkz3R27R
— SEAPUNK. (@Derrickjonesy) January 13, 2023
This story develops weeks after the former pastor was filmed causing an uproar on the final day of the trial expressing his disagreement with the jury’s decision inside and outside the Los Angeles courthouse. As previously reported, on Friday (Dec. 23) Tory, 30, was found guilty on all three counts and was charged with felony assault with a semiautomatic firearm, possession of a concealed, unregistered firearm and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.
Sonstar labeled the court system “wicked” and called the prosecutors “evil” before he was forcibly escorted out of the courtroom. He continued his rant outside of the courthouse, telling reporters he
“witnessed the worst miscarriage of justice that this world has ever seen.”
He also called out the Houston rapper’s attorney Alex Spiro, and the whole system of Roc Nation, including Jay-Z.
The convicted rapper’s sentencing was set for Friday (Jan. 27), but has been postponed to Tuesday (Feb. 28).
What are your thoughts on Tory Lanez’s father admitting their family has forgiven Megan Thee Stallion?